Background

Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Welcome.

Helllllooooooo!!!!! Welcome to my blog. I thought this might be a perfect time to start documenting my culinary experiences. I am currently working toward starting my own catering business (the tentative plan), and have decided to devote this year to perfecting my food. As I do so, I will share with you all what works, what doesn't, what I discover, and what tastes good!

Why write it all down? Well, as my fiance will attest to, I don't have the best memory. So, it's best to keep track and take some pretty photos along the way.

I am a pescatarian (fancy word for "I don't eat meat but I do eat fish"), so my posts will reflect my lifestyle. I love to cook whole, natural foods, so most of my will be healthy, while some will be a little more decadent. Either way, I strive to use local, seasonal produce whenever possible, and avoid packaged food. Real food!!!!! That is what we need. As Michael Pollan (food hero) says "Eat food, not too much, mostly vegetables." Amen, brother!

That is enough of my mission for now, but I am sure I will continue to spout warm-fuzzy "your body is a temple" verbiage throughout the blog process.

Feel free to add comments or questions any time, and I hope you enjoy this experience as much as I do.

Love, Ash

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Ashley! I am a pescatarian as well, so I look forward to seeing some new recipies I can try. Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley--this is great! I'm so excited to follow your blog! :) I love your About Me...I love people who love food too! :) Congrats on the new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking this out!!! I have been out of town for almost 2 weeks, but I am back now and ready to cook. :) Let me know if you ever cook anything of mine - feedback is appreciated, whether good or bad.

    ReplyDelete