Background

Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Quick Winter Salad

Looking for something light and fresh, and determined not to hit the grocery store, I threw together this mostly raw salad for lunch today. A delicious combination of local butter lettuce and broccoli stems along with shaved fennel, blanched asparagus tips dressed in a whole lot of fruity olive oil and shaved parmesan - it was just what I needed. A splash of lemon juice, salt and pepper,  and some chopped parsley made it complete. Try it when you want something super healthy yet still satisfying.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley... I never heard of fruity olive oil. Is it really fruity? I'll have to go on a foody hunt. This looks yummy and I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olive oil can be a lot of things! http://www.oliveoilsource.com/page/olive-oil-tasting-terms

      Delete
  2. I just ate lunch. Now I am hungry again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete